Take advantage of these housing options while studying at Temple. Choose the one that best suits your needs and length of stay in the U.S.
Check out what these friends have to say about our most popular option, the Short-Term Housing program at University Village.
Live next to campus in a fully-furnished apartment suite, with no obligation to sign a full year’s lease. Length of stay is flexible for international students enrolled in short-term programs.
Live with an American Family
Practice your English and experience a “total immersion” in U.S. language and culture. Students who choose homestay often make lifelong friendships with their American hosts. Some host families include a husband, a wife and children; others are single professionals or retirees who enjoy sharing their homes with students from around the world. Hosts are chosen for their warm hospitality and gracious homes. All families must pass an extensive application process to be considered as hosts.
Homestay is offered as a housing option through Right at Home Homestay.
The homestay option includes
- Special friends and family where you live
- Safe, affordable housing
- A comfortable, fully furnished, private bedroom
- Daily, self-serve continental breakfast
- Three family-style dinners each week
- Internet access
- Microwave, refrigerator and laundry facilities
- Regular and relaxed conversation in English
- A rich variety of U.S. cultural experiences
- Lifelong memories of your American family
- A nonrefundable application fee of $285.00 (refundable only if space is not available)
- $31.00 each night, payable four weeks at a time ($868.00) to the host family; after the first four weeks, you can extend your homestay
- Your first payment is due at your homestay orientation when you meet your host family. Once you have occupied your homestay, there are no refunds for the first four weeks.
Right at Home Homestay APPLY NOW Your application is not complete and will not be reviewed until you pay your placement fee.
If a year-long lease is right for you, select from one of the many safe and comfortable apartments within walking distance of Temple’s campus. Temple's off campus housing office has information to help students understand the apartment rental process in the United States.
Live off campus in one of the city’s many vibrant neighborhoods. Find out more about Philadelphia-area housing options*:
*These are third party websites that are not affiliated with Temple University or the Center for American Language and Culture.