There are a variety of off-campus housing options for students studying at Temple University. Choose the one that best suits your needs and length of stay in the U.S. To learn more, check out the drop down menu below.
If you have any questions during your search, please do not hesitate to contact our Student Services Assistant, Alexa Duffy, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Live with an American Family
Practice your English and experience a “total immersion” in U.S. language and culture. Students who choose homestay often make lifelong friendships with their American hosts. Some host families include a husband, a wife and children; others are single professionals or retirees who enjoy sharing their homes with students from around the world. Hosts are chosen for their warm hospitality and gracious homes. All families must pass an extensive application process to be considered as hosts.
Homestay is offered as a housing option through Right at Home Homestay.
The homestay option includes
- Special friends and family where you live
- Safe, affordable housing
- A comfortable, fully furnished, private bedroom
- Daily, self-serve continental breakfast
- Three family-style dinners each week
- Internet access
- Microwave, refrigerator and laundry facilities
- Regular and relaxed conversation in English
- A rich variety of U.S. cultural experiences
- Lifelong memories of your American family
- A nonrefundable application fee of $285.00 (refundable only if space is not available)
- $31.00 each night, payable four weeks at a time ($868.00) to the host family; after the first four weeks, you can extend your homestay
- Your first payment is due at your homestay orientation when you meet your host family. Once you have occupied your homestay, there are no refunds for the first four weeks.
Right at Home Homestay APPLY NOW Your application is not complete and will not be reviewed until you pay your placement fee.
Select from one of the many safe and comfortable apartments within walking distance of Temple’s campus. Temple's off campus housing office has information to help students understand the apartment rental process in the United States.
The average available lease is for one year, so if you need a short-term lease, please be sure that shorter leases are offered through your preferred housing unit.
If any questions arise duing your off-campus housing search, please contact our Student Services Assistant, Alexa Duffy, at email@example.com.
Philadelphia has many vibrant neighborhoods where students can find different housing options. To learn more, please explore the websites listed below*:
- Apartment List
- Hotpads Philadelphia
- Zillow Philadelphia
- Philadelphia Craigslist
- Rent College Pads
*These are third party websites that are not affiliated with Temple University or the Center for American Language and Culture.