CAP: Pathway to your bachelor's degree at Temple University!
If you are academically qualified and meet all admissions requirements except for language, you are eligible for our Conditional Admission Program.
- Based on your language score, you will be placed in CAP 1, CAP 2 or CAP 3.
- After you successfully complete CAP 3, you will be directly enrolled at the university.
- No need to retake the TOEFL or IELTS test ! No need to re-apply to the university!
ARE YOU CAP LEVEL 1, 2 or 3? TAKE A LOOK AT OUR CHART BELOW TO FIND OUT.
|LANGUAGE TEST||CAP LEVEL||NUMBER OF UNIVERSITY CREDITS||LENGTH OF TIME||ESTIMATED COST|
TOEFL 74 - 78
DUOLINGO 100 - 105
TOEFL ESSENTIALS 7.5 - 8.0
GAO KAO 125+
CSAT Score of 1
Fox School of Business TOEFL 74-83, IELTS 6.0
|7- 10 credits||1 semester||
$14,926 + fees (includes non-credit English and credit class tuition)
TOEFL 65 - 73
DUOLINGO 90 - 95
TOEFL ESSENTIALS 7.0
GAO KAO 105 - 124
CSAT Score of 2
|3 - 6 credits||2 semesters||$10,725 + fees (includes non-credit English and credit class tuition)|
TOEFL below 65
IELTS below 5.5
DUOLINGO below 90
TOEFL ESSENTIALS below 7.0
GAO KAO below 105
CSAT Score of 3 or lower
No language score You will take a placement test at TCALC
CAP 1 (IELP)
varies depending on placement test (1 IELP session = 7 weeks)
|Same as IELP|
An Alternate Path to Temple University (IELP)
You may also attend the Intensive English Language Program (IELP) without first applying to Temple University for undergraduate admission.
- Apply to IELP
- Successfully complete IELP Advanced 2 and receive a Certificate of Successful Completion (valid for two years), which can be used to satisfy the university's language requirement.
- Apply to Temple University
- If you are accepted to Temple, submit your Certificate of Successful Completion in place of test scores.