Are you an international student who wants to pursue a graduate degree at Temple University?
Graduate Access Temple (GAT) program might be the right path if you need help meeting the language requirements for admission to the school/college of your choice.
- All students must meet the academic requirement for graduate admission in order to be accepted through GAT.
- GAT students will receive conditional admission by attending English language and culture classes at Temple University’s Center for American Language & Culture (TCALC).
BENEFITS OF GAT
- No need for language test scores
- Improve your academic English, research, writing, presentation and communication skills to be successful in the graduate level classroom.
- Receive one-on-one tutoring and advising
- Adjust to life in the United States before starting graduate school full-time.
- Take one or two credit classes in your school/college while attending GAT (dependent upon advisement of your graduate program)
- Join TCALC events and activities to practice your growing communication skills
HOW GAT WORKS
- SELECT GRAD PROGRAM
Determine if your program admits students through GAT by clicking on the find your program button below. Please note that not all Temple University graduate programs allow GAT Admission.
Review the information on your chosen graduate program page to learn how to apply.
Apply directly to the graduate program.
- GRADUATE ADMISSION
The college’s admissions department will review your application and notify you if you are eligible to admitted through GAT.
- TCALC ENROLLMENT
The enrollment team at the Center for American Language & Culture will contact you to help you enroll in GAT and do the paperwork to obtain your Visa.
Start exploring your options now!
Please email Jackie McCafferty (email@example.com) with any general questions you might have about GAT classes. Or, contact the GAT eligible school or college directly, to learn more.
FIND YOUR PROGRAM