Spend the mornings building your reading, writing, listening and speaking skills. In the afternoons, take trips to explore Philadelphia and its surrounding region. Choose from two exciting tracks!
ACT students may:
- Visit New York City (winter & summer)
- Support the 76ers at an NBA game (winter)
- Visit Washington D.C. (winter)
- Walk the boardwalk in the beach town of Ocean City, New Jersey (summer)
- Cheer on the Phillies at a Major League Baseball game (summer)
- Explore the arts and attractions in America's first World Heritage City: Philadelphia! (winter & summer)
Learn more about your classes below.
Explore the city and beyond in this action-packed culture program where you will improve your language skills and knowledge of American culture.
Language and Culture Enrichment
Students will learn about American language and culture by
- gaining an understanding of American culture in and out of the classroom.
- practicing their speaking and listening skills for the local and regional field trips.
- writing short descriptions and journal entries about their experiences in the United States.
Students will improve their core English skills by
- building their listening, speaking, reading and writing through traditional classes.
- watching videos and reading literature related to the arts and freedom of expression.
- writing an essay focused on the themes presented in class.
Housing, Meals and Airport Pick-Up & Drop-Off
Living accommodations are provided in the program cost.
In winter, ACT students may live in a Temple University affiliated hotel in downtown Philadelphia.
- Live in the heart of the city
- Commute to campus and site visits with your SEPTA pass, included in the program cost
- Enjoy a shared room (same gender) with a kitchenette
- Hotel accommodations available such as housekeeping service and free Wi-Fi
- A lite breafkast is included
In summer, ACT students may live in a residence hall on Temple University’s campus.
- Live in a dormitory conveniently located on campus
- Enjoy a shared room (same gender) with a full kitchen
- Free Wi-Fi available
- Towel, pillow, blanket and sheets washed weekly
- Board the Temple University bus for site visits and excursions
- Important note: Lost keys will incur up to a $150 fee
- Meals can be purchased using Diamond Dollars which will be loaded onto your OwlCard (Temple University identification card).
- WINTER: Breakfast will be provided by the hotel. Students can use their weekly $50 in Diamond Dollars to purchase meals and snacks as needed.
- SUMMER: Students can use their weekly $95 in Diamond Dollars to purchase meals and snacks as needed.
- Meals for regional trips must be packed in advance or can be purchased using student’s personal funds
Airport pick-up and drop-off are provided between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m. between Philadelphia International Airport (PHL) to Temple University campus only. Arrivals and departures outside of scheduled dates and times may be able to be accommodated for an extra fee. If we cannot make accommodations, we will provide detailed transportation and hotel information.